College Enrollment System is very neatly designed project developed by students of STI College. It has modules of admission system and student management system. This software is very helpfull to manage admission details. Java is the front end of this project and Microsoft Access Driver is the back-end of this project.
It has 6 main modules. The modules are File Menu Registration module, Inquiry module, Student Enrollment List module, Student records module, Master module, Help module. In the enrollment list and student record user can generate reports.
The main form in this project is student enrollment form which contains ID number (It will be automatically generated), Gender, Course, SY, First name, Last name, Year, Section, Marital status, Date of birth, Address and Semester details. It has datagridview to store Class Number, Subject code, title, Number of hours of lecture unit, days, timing slots and room number. After adding grid records the system automatically generates Total number of subjects, Lecture unit, Total number of units and Lab units.
The backend of the project is mdb database and it has 11 tables. The tables are Authentication, class_schedule, classAttendance_data, Course_Subjects_Checking, Courses, enrollment_data, facultyloading_data, FacultyMaster, room_management, StudentMaster, StudentMaster_latest, temp. The connectDS.java Database configuration file.
Front End: JAVA
Back End: Microsoft Access Driver (mdb)
You must install jdk or any compiler to run this project. To run this program, extract the downloaded zip file in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin . After the extraction open the project folder and double click on the MainFrame.class file to check the result. Its already complied file.
Here are the login details to open the software:
Login : freestudentprojects
Password : Password
The objective of College Enrollment System is to provide a software which helps the college management in recording all the information regarding students and the relevant information like fee’s, exam schedule etc. It gives us particular data about how a student can enroll to a college, with an ease of use. The system is user friend and is less time consuming. The data will be saved with in a blink of time into the database. It also generates crystal clear reports for the needed user.
Scope: This project is helpful in enrolling to a college online without paying money to the applications. The detailed information about the college, student and other data will be provided in this project.
PROJECT CATEGORY: Java Project
The software to be produced is on college enrollment system. There are 2 users. The first user is college authority user or the admin who has the maximum access rights than any other user. He or she has the right to edit add or delete the master details entered by them. These master details will be visible to the other user which makes application helpful. The Admin adds college information to this software also providing their contact and email id. Any awards gained by the college will also be entered into the database and will be displayed in this software for user reference. The faculty member details will also be saved in the database. The cons and pros of the college will be given in detail.
The other user is the student or the one who enrolls to join a college. All he or she need to do is visit that particular website link. He or she can also view the college information in this website. The courses offered by this particular college will be displayed in the course menu along with their fee structure, number of years to complete a course and the subjects offered. After viewing all these information, if the user wishes to enroll to this college he must first register. To register he or she must click on the registration button which is provided in the upper right of the form. The registration form asks for the complete details of the student including their contact, parent’s information, previous batch details etc. It also allows the student to choose their own user name and password. Using this user name and password the student can login to the system. The fee for the particular course can be paid either online through card or offline by paying it directly to the college. Now the enrollment system is completed. For further details they login to their website using their user id and password. This creates their own profile where the details of their upcoming exam or result or any functions will be updated by the Admin.
Modules of the software:
- Login: There are 2 different users. Admin has their own username and password. The other unauthorized user can choose their own username and password during registration.
- Master: This can be accessed only the admin. The admin has more rights than the normal user. The data entered in the masters can also be updated by the admin.
- Registration:Here the normal user can choose their username and password. Then the student can enter their personal information into the software like name, dob, gender, nationality, address, contact, previous batch history, marks scored etc. They can also edit or delete the details provided.
- Personal Profile: This profile contains many options like Personal profile where all your personal details will be displayed. Course, where the name of the subjects you need to learn will be displayed. Time table for a particular class will be shown. Fee structure gives you the information of the fee you had paid so far along with the amount, date and time. Exam schedule where the dates of upcoming exam will be shown. Upcoming functions to be held in the college will be notified to the students and also the upcoming competitions. If they wish to participate in any of the competition, they can select the particular competition and enroll their name.
- Awards: The number of awards gained by the students as well as the college will be shown.
- Faculty members: Details of the faculty members of the college will be shown.
- Course: Different course offered by the college will be displayed along with the names of the subject they offer and the fee structure details.
- Students can enroll into a college online rather than waiting in a queue.
- Less paper work.
- 24X7 Enrollment system.
- User friendly
- Less Space
- Processor:Intel dual core or above
- Processor Speed:0GHZ or above
- RAM:1 GB RAM or above
- Hard Disk:25 GB hard disk
- Language:Java Application
- Database:My SQL
College Enrollment System allows the user/student to enroll into a college online by less effort. Whereas in the world of offline, going to college manually and enrolling and giving all the particular information is very time consuming. Any doubts regarding the college will also be cleared by the website as this site contains complete details of the college. A questionnaire can be sent to the admin for clearing out any certain doubts through mails. This project is helpful as there is less of paper work and maintenance of records through computer system is easier than file paper system. The database is cleared depending upon a certain amount of time and maintained regressively. Reports can also be generated.
- “Database Management System”- Elmasri and Navathe
Download this Project code: